We’re looking for a skilled, hands-on person to head up many of the ways that we connect with our prospective clients.
Please note that this posting is now closed. Thank you to everyone who took the time to get in touch with us.
We do big data for enterprise SEO.
Since 2009, we’ve equipped SEO professionals with the kind of massive-scale, real-time search data they need to stay nimble. Our clients turn to us for truly unlimited rank tracking and SERP analytics in markets and locations across the globe—all backed up by one-on-one expert service. That’s how we’ve become the data partner of choice for some of the world’s largest online brands and SEO agencies.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You’ll be joining a small-but-growing company with a fledgling marketing program, and plenty of room to dive right in, think big, take risks, and build something you love.
- You’ll be planning and strategizing.
You’re going to be taking ownership of the bulk of our marketing activities, from developing long-term strategies to managing individual projects. You’ll spend most of your day focusing on content and social strategy, conferences and speaking engagements, and other opportunities for face-to-face relationship building. For the rest of your day, you will be thinking about client retention and engagement, email marketing, community building, and PPC advertising.
- But you’re hands will be getting dirty.
This role is definitely not just about planning and delegating. While you will be collaborating with writers and other contractors, you’ll also need to get hands-on for many of your projects: writing blog posts, sending out newsletters, setting up lead forms, ferreting out blog contributors, responding to tweets, wearing nametags, giving out T-shirts…
- You’ll be a little nerdy.
Another big part of your job will be research and analytics: putting together competitive insights, deriving useful signals from our marketing analytics, understanding and acting on industry and technology trends, and maintaining and growing our contacts database. If just reading that sentence made you yawn, this may not be the job for you.
- And maybe a little out-of-left-field too.
We have some big competitors, so we’ve gotten used to punching above our weight. That means you’ll be figuring out some creative, clever, unexpected, eye-opening, share-worthy ways to get the biggest bang for our marketing buck. It means not being afraid to do things differently, take risks, and even screw up sometimes.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re ready to take charge.
You have more than five years experience in software, web apps, mobile apps, or technology marketing, and are deft with many aspects of inbound marketing, digital marketing, and project management. There will be plenty of opportunity to learn on the job, but you should arrive with a rock-solid foundation.
- You have a great ear and a good eye.
You’ll be working with writers and designers, but you’ll also need the experience to know when something is on-brand, on-strategy, beautifully executed, and looks and sounds exactly like us. Our personality sets us apart in an industry full of faceless me-too companies. That’s why we need someone who understands the whys and hows of carrying a brand experience across everything we do. And if you happen to be a great writer yourself, all the better.
- You don’t need micromanaging.
“Self-starter” is kind of a weasely word, but that’s exactly what we need. We’re a smaller company doing big things, and we’re changing every day. You’ll be a great fit if you’re looking to level-up from your current position, with more responsibilities, more variety, and more on-your-toes thinking. This is a crazy challenging role where you’ll be taking total ownership of tasks and problems, keeping yourself focused and organized, and holding yourself to a certain standard.
Bonus points for:
- Knowing your way around Salesforce.
Not to mention WordPress, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Actually loving SEO.
The search marketing industry is our client base. If you already know and love SEO, then you’ll be ready to speak to them in their own language.
- Being into inbound analytics.
We’re not looking to hire an analyst, but it sure would be lovely if you are excited about things like split testing, keyword segmentation, funnel analysis, etc.
A few side benefits of working here:
- Everyone gets an extra two weeks paid vacation leading up to New Year’s.
- Shorter summer hours on Fridays to take advantage of that elusive Vancouver sunshine.
- Free gym memberships (including the swanky little gym across the street).
- Full medical package including dental, optometry, prescriptions, massage, and physio.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not long hours. (A good work-life balance is just how we do things.)
- You’d like to work somewhere where you can wear your old hoodie—or your crisp new suit—and nobody is going to mind.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on-your-toes thinking. You maybe even want to help rewrite the book on what it means to be an enterprise software company.
- You can see yourself joining a tight team in an open and collaborative Gastown office where you might sometimes see a dog zipping around.
Here’s how to apply:
First, explore our site to get a better idea of what we do. (If you’re a bit of a keener, you can try out the demo version of our platform at codex.getSTAT.com.) Think about what we are looking for, what you’re looking for, and whether it’s a good match.
Still excited? Send your application package to email@example.com. Oh, and be sure to give us an idea of who you are as a real live person—not just your professional experience.